Yesterday for some reason, only the last part of my blog posted. I don’t know what happened to the other half. I was talking about my new food dehydrator. We have been using in almost every day for about 2 weeks. We have had successes and failures! I will be posting about our dehydrating efforts in the future.
Yesterday we started our first batch of homemade fruit leather. I decided I wanted to start simple, so we used natural applesauce (bought from the store) and strawberries (on sale this week). We got 2 trays that finished this evening. The kids were excited to taste it. They like it and will be taking some in their lunches tomorrow. I didn’t get any pics, but will take some the next time around. With very little effort on our part we made a healthy snack of the kids to take to school. This was definitely one of our successes!