I find that many people do not seem to make molasses cookies anymore. My kids love them – they prefer them over chocolate chip! I made several batches of these & sold them at a local bazaar last week. They seemed to be a big hit & a friend asked me to post the recipe on my blog – so here it is.
- 3/4 c. shortening
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. flour
- Melt shortening; add sugar, egg, and molasses.
- Beat well
- Add dry ingredients; mix well
- Form 1 inch balls, roll in sugar
- Put on greased pan 2 inches apart
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes (they are done when they start to crack on top)