It has been windy and chilly for the last several days, so I decided this would be a good time to make some soup. Brian is out-of-town this week and since he doesn’t think soup is a “meal”, this is good time to make some. Golden Potato has become a favorite with the kids and I so that is on today’s menu. This recipe came from Marge at allrecipes.com – my favorite site to recipes.
Golden Potato Soup
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1 cup chopped ham
- In a large stock pot add potatoes, celery, onion, chicken bouillon, water and parsley flakes. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until vegetables become tender.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and milk. Once it is well blended, add to soup mixture and cook until soup becomes thick.
- Stir in cheese, cooked ham or hamburger and simmer until cheese is melted.
I am going to serve with fresh biscuits and a green salad. Soon I would like to learn to make bread bowls. I think this would be awesome in a bread bowl!
I hope you enjoy the recipe & have a great day!