- Buttermilk – once you know how easy it is you’ll probably want to make it every time. Add one tablespoon of white vinegar to a liquid measuring cup. Then, add milk until the amount reaches one cup. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. It should look curdled. Stir and you have buttermilk.
- Laundry Soap – I have written about this in an earlier blog.
- Hand cream – I have written about this previously, also.
- Brown Sugar – I will post on this in the future.
- Fabric softener/ dryer sheets – I use 1/2 cup white vinegar in every load I wash. I have been doing this since the girls were cloth diapers. Sometimes we have a bit of static, but no one seems to mind.
I thought it would be fun to share my list with you. This is what works for me, but may not work for you. I am sure there are somethings that you do not buy that we do. Maybe you could share your ideas here.