My mom made this for us when I was growing up. It was a family favorite then and has become a family favorite again with my family
Mock Chop suey
- 1 pound ground beef (I use 1 1/2), cooked & drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2-4 Tablespoons worcheshire sauce
- french fried onions (optional)
- Mix above ingredients (except fried onions) in a casserole dish
- Bake ate 350 for 1 hour – or about 15 minutes in the microwave stirring every 5 minutes
- Add french fried onions for last 10 minutes of baking
I often add a can of mushrooms, some onion powder (my kids don’t like onion pieces in things), and a little extra rice & water since I use extra meat.
This recipe freezes & reheats well.