Ever go to shave only to find out there is no shaving cream left? I hate it when that happens! What to do? As a mother of 3 young children, I can’t just hop in the van & go pick some up. The next time this happens to you, consider the following alternatives. I have used several of these options. In fact, I haven’t bought shaving cream for years.
1. Hair Conditioner: It leaves your skin soft & smelling great. This is what I use most of the time. I go to the dollar store & buy a big bottle of conditioner for about $2.00. This lasts me a long time.
2. Hand or Body Lotion: My MIL gave me a huge bottle of lotion that she doesn’t want. I am using it instead of shaving cream. It smells great and will not go to waste!
3. Shampoo – Lather up & shave away!
4. Dish Soap – Really any soap that will lather.
5. Baby Oil – This will help protect your skin against nicks. Just be careful, it may gunk up your razor.
Conditioner is my favorite, but I have a huge bottle of lotion to use up right now, so that is what I’m using.