I am always looking for recipes to use in the bread machine. It never leaves my counter. I tried this one yesterday & it was a big hit with the family. Definitely a keeper!
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten plus 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour (Add a bit more if dough seems too wet after first few minutes of kneading in the bread machine. Also, I used 2 cups white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons (or less) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Put the dough ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed and run on the dough cycle. After the dough cycle is finished, roll the dough into a large rectangle and spread it with 2 Tablespoons melted butter and the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Roll up and cut into 10-15 rolls and place in two greased round cake pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned. Spread the icing on as soon as they come out of the oven.
I covered the unbaked rolls with plastic wrap, stuck them in the refrigerator overnight, and then baked this morning. Awesome!
Thanks Money Saving Mom for a great recipe!