We made a great treat over the campfire the other night: banana boats. Another very easy & very good snack to make while camping. Here’s how:
- Leaving the banana in the peel, slice the banana so the slice will be on top.
- Fill the slice with mini marshmallows (I broke regular marshmallow into pieces) and chocolate chips (broken Hershey bars).
- Wrap the banana in aluminum foil & place over the fire.
- Remove when the chocolate is melted.
- Eat with a spoon.
Another treat the kids loved! Can’t wait to have them again!
We are going to be doing a lot of camping this month, so my blogs will probably reflect things we’ve cooked there. Since camping is supposed to be a vacation for mom, too, I am always looking for ways to make meals easy without a lot of cleanup.
One of our favorite breakfasts while we are camping is omelets in a ziplock bag. These are very easy to make.
- Crack two or three eggs into a quart sized zipper bag. Let everyone choose what ingredients they want to add to their omelet. Some examples are: cheese, mushrooms, ham, peppers, onions. You can add anything you would add to an omelet.
2. Zip the bags shut and squish the ingredients together.
3. Place in boiling water and boil for 15-20 minutes. The eggs will roll up like an omelet. Be careful – the eggs may not be done inside even after they roll up.
4. Dump each person’s owlet onto a plate.
My kids love these! Each one gets to pick the ingredients they like and they taste great!