This week was the start of a heat wave. What better way to stay cool than to have a cool summer salad. One of my favorites is Waldorf salad. I love the stuff! Here is a great recipe for Waldorf Salad thanks to Betty Crocker.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBS + 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TBS + 2 tsp milk
- 3 medium unpeeled red eating apples, coarsely chopped (3 cups)
- 3 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice and milk in a medium bowl
- Stir in apples, celery and nuts.
- Serve on salad greens if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining salad.